Managing Your Pulse Schedule
For each survey, or Pulse, you create it can be configured to repeat throughout the year. This is to make it easier for you to manage Pulses, because you can "set and forget" a schedule ahead of time.
Some example use cases:
- You have a student Pulse that begins at the start of the school year and you want to repeat every month.
- You have a parent Pulse that starts at the beginning of the school year that only repeats twice (once in the Fall and again in the Spring).
In both cases, you can set the schedule ahead of time and Kelvin will do the rest of the work by sending out the Pulses (either by Chrome extension, SMS, or email) based on the configuration. This article explains how to do this.
First, you'll need to navigate to our " Schedule" page. You can access this page one of two ways:
- From the "Pulses" list page > Click the (...) > And select "Edit Settings"
Within the pulse settings you can then navigate to the schedule tab.
- From the "Latest Activity" page > Click the "View schedule" link
Now that you're on the " Schedule" page, you can manage your Pulse windows (i.e. the dates we'll collect responses)
1. Select a "Start" date (i.e. when do you want to start collecting responses)
2. Specify how long you'd like the pulse to be open for (we recommend a week to give everybody ample time to respond)
3. Select the window of time you would like Boogie, the dog, to pop up while the pulse is open (E.g. 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM in the example above).
4. Select whether or not this Pulse repeats. If you select "Do not repeat" we will only give the Pulse for the dates you specified. If you select a recurrence of some kind (E.g. every 4 weeks in the example above), we will create a schedule based on your selections.
Now you can:
- Add dates in addition to the recurring schedule you already specified (select "Add dates" at the bottom).
- Remove a single window by clicking the (...) and selecting "Delete window"
- Edit the dates for a Pulse window by selecting the (...) and choosing "Edit dates"
And that's it! You can come back to the Schedule page to view or manage your windows. We will also send you a reminder email the week before a Pulse window, so you have a chance to review everything ahead of time.